Virtual Hard Drive Pro takes a portion of your system memory and creates a RAM disk drive, which functions like a physical hard drive, only with much better access rates.
A RAM disk bypasses the system hard drive, which is the slowest part of a computer. Freeing your data storage and retrieval from this mechanical disk gives your system an immediate boost.
Files and applications run up to 340 times faster, making Virtual Hard Drive Pro the program of choice for reducing server load and improving the response time of calculation-intensive software.
Move your browser cache folder to a RAM disk to improve the load times of web of pages and multimedia on the Internet. Junk files are automatically deleted when your RAM disk session ends!
Virtual Hard Drive Pro supports an unlimited amount of RAM, and works with 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows Vista, Server, and XP.
- Vista support
- Use a RAM disk to boost performance — Virtual Hard Drive operates on 64 and 32-bit Windows systems
- Blazing speed
- Install files, applications, and databases in a RAM disk and run them up to 340 times faster — with no changes the way they’re used
- Reduced wear and tear
- A RAM disk drive never wears out. You can run it at maximum bandwidth without fear of mechanical failure or performance-slowing fragmentation
- Quiet, cool operation
- Unlike your system hard drive, a RAM disk contains no moving parts to generate noise and heat
Businesses operating multiple servers can improve access speed by moving frequently accessed html files to a RAM disk. You can even store an entire database in RAM! Create a virtual hard drive to boost the performance of:
- Web browsers (run your cache in a RAM disk for faster surfing)
- Software compilers
- Custom applications with high input and output, high bandwidth, or high security requirements
- SETI processing
- TEMP files
- Swap space
- Server cache